VATANVASA SAFARI ENTRY GATE
One of the best entry gate of Corbett Tiger Reserve (Sonanadi Zone). Near to Lansedowne and Kotdwar city.
Visitors can enter in it from Vatanvasa entery gate. It is also famous for Halduparao Forest Rest House. The safari road also take us at Halduparao Forest Rest House. The Plain river also goes along side with you, which actually become Sonanadi (Gold River), on which this zone named as Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary. It is blessed with amazing beauty of flora and fauna. Animals like Tiger, Elephant, and leopards are some that you can see in the zone. In Sonanadi, which comes under Corbett Tiger Reserve, three type of government forest rest house available to make tourists stay a memorable one – Halduparo Mundiapani, Rathuwadhab, Sendhikhal etc. Besides this you can book private resorts, hotels and camps near Vatanvasa Gate for best wildlife experience. The region of Mundiapani is best for bird wildlife.
It is prime forests of the Shiwalik Terai biotic province. Sonanadi literally means the river of gold. Gold panning used to be carried out in the river before the area became a sanctuary.
Jungle Safari is closed due to COVID CURFEW by Government. Booking will open 15th Nov. 2021
HOW TO REACH VATANVASA GATE
The nearest stations are Kotdwar and Lansedowne. Just 1:40 hours drive from both stations. The junction point is Duggadda town.
Road and Train: Kotdwar is well connected with Road and trains.
Airport: Jollygrant Airport, Dehradun
Vatanvasa Gate is one of the entry point to Sonanadi Range of Kalagarh Tiger Reserve under Corbett National Park. Located at 46 km from Kotdwara. and 57 Km from Lansedowne city.
VIDEO KOTDWAR TO VATANVASA
JUNGLE SAFARI AT VATANVASA
The Vatanvasa Safari booking will be completed in two parts.
- First Get Permit of Sonanadi Jungle Safari from Corbett Official website.
- Book your Gypsy (Jeep) from this website. Only authorized/Registered Gypsy operator is permitted to enter this area. Private vehicles not allowed.
BOOK YOUR GYPSY (JEEP)
Once you get Sonanadi Jungle Safari Permit (Vatanvasa Gate). You need to have a Gypsy (Jeep/Registered Vehicle for Safari). A Gypsy has the capacity of 6 persons + 1 Child (up to 5 years). Maximum 7 persons (Including children) can accommodate in one Gypsy. If you are more than 7 get one more permit. We don’t overload Gypsy as it passes through Off-road jungle conditions. Kindly don’t pressurize us over this. Life (Safety) is first in deep inside jungle where there is no network.
- INR.4000 (up to 1-4 persons)
- INR. 4500 (5-7 persons)
Click on below link, fill the form by uploading your permit, submit it and make payment for confirmation.
- Most of guests think that Gypsy fees, driver fees included in their permit and argue regarding this. Please understand Corbett Authority takes Entry Charge of every thing like yours (as Guest according to number of persons and nationality), Your Gypsy driver and Gypsy entry charges, all will be included in your permit, but Safari cost (which will be extra) goes to operator (Driver/owner), which is always paid separately (not included in your entry permit cost). Still you have any query, kindly click on CONTACT link above for further information.
- There are only 15 morning, 15 evening permits (limited permits) everyday. So right time booking may help you to enjoy this as well as other Safari area of Sonanadi Zone.
- If you are keen to explore this Sonanadi zone on your specified date and time even it is completely booked. Kolhu Zones is still not online, but believe us also good (some time more good) than Pakhro. Cash Booking Permit available on their entry gate. Yet Gypsy pre-booking is mandatory. As we always send Gypsy once Guest confirm us through proper booking procedure. Otherwise you are at your own.
- We are committed for best wildlife experience and service for all bookings on this websites.